St. Louis Park - Hybrid, MN
Application Support Lead, Managed Services
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals, and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design, and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Managed Services Support Lead, you will be an important part of a growing global team of talented Application and Infrastructure engineering professionals. You will be able to test your troubleshooting and analysis skills by mentoring a variety of engineers in solving complex and high priority issues for clients. You will also have a unique opportunity to become integrally involved with a variety of different code bases across an array of clients from varying industries and leading internal projects.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and lead engineers in the analysis of error logs and reviewing of inherited code to determine the root cause of issues reported by clients.
- Utilize systems like Jira Service Desk and Microsoft Teams to communicate directly with clients or team members regarding findings and recommendations.
- Lead and assist engineers on how to solve difficult issues, understand and follow process, and prioritize a fast-paced workload while also communicating clearly with clients.
- Educate yourself on a variety of different clients, their industries, and their codebases to offer solutions in the moment and forward-thinking recommendations.
- Learn and continuously develop your experience with tools, technologies, and platforms like Sitecore, Coveo, Solr, Salesforce, Order Cloud, Azure Cloud, AWS, GCP, and a variety of custom solutions.
- Lead and maintain a weekly on-call rotation for team members.
- Drive the knowledge transfer and learning needed to support new clients as they are onboarded.
Who you are:
- A collaborative individual who is not afraid to work directly with team members, direct reports, or business leaders in pursuit of high-quality solutions.
- A driven self-starter interested in fully utilizing their knowledge base and intends to make use of learning materials during downtime to better mentor others.
- A friendly and communicative partner for our clients who understands that not all clients are as technically oriented as yourself.
- An analytical engineer who does not shy away from difficult problems and prides themselves in fully understanding the situation faced before providing a polished and appropriate solution.
What you bring:
- Minimum 8 years of experience with mainstream web development technologies, ideally with .NET technologies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Azure DevOps, GitHub, or other code repository tools.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with MVC development patterns.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in direct management of software developers.
- Experience with Sitecore is a plus.
- Experience with Azure Cloud, AWS, or GCP is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with inherited codebases is a plus.
Keywords: Senior Tech Lead .NET, ASP.NET, C#, JavaScipt, HTML, CSS, Sitecore, headless, headless integrations, Development Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Software Engineering Team Lead, Software Engineering Lead
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.