St. Louis Park, MN
Associate Creative Director, Brand/Marketing
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
Our digital product solutions are driven by our CX Strategy, Design and Engineering teams — and powered by technical platforms like Sitecore, Salesforce, Acquia and other enterprise technology solutions. Get a deeper look at our expertise today by visiting the Work section of our website.
Our Creative, UX, and Design (CXD) team is strategically growing to meet our company growth, industry expectations, and to fulfill our team’s vision as being a superior partner who provides our global clients with great design, storytelling, clear vision and flawless execution.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As an Associate Creative Director for Brand/Marketing, you will play a critical role by leading internal creative brand projects from kickoff through execution with minimal oversight. You will establish and sell through creative and strategic visions that ladder up to our brand marketing goals. You will apply your exceptional taste to shape, design and guide executions that are attractive, smart, and engaging. You will build strong and trusted relationships and work collaboratively with our internal teams, helping guide the process, all with an eye on delivering a premium final product. In this position, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are encouraged to own your craft and make an impact on our culture and brand.
What you’ll do:
- Create high-quality work that delights our customers, meets strategic company objectives, and reinforces the Horizontal Digital brand.
- Ability to work on multiple projects across the organization with varied audiences and channels.
- Ensure graphic direction is consistent with the Horizontal Digital brand guidelines.
- Craft thoughtful designs and visual direction for print, sales collateral, promotional items, video, event experience design (booths), and digital experiences like landing pages and banner ads.
- Lead the work with a strong creative viewpoint that supports our business objectives AND provides our customers with an exceptional and elevated brand experience.
- Lead the process, connecting the dots between client objectives and strategy, strategy and creative, and finally creative and development.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal partners and work cross-functionally with Marketers, UX designers, writers, project managers, strategists, developers and leadership.
- Pivot effortlessly, as needed, based on evolving requirements, timelines and feedback.
- Give and receive feedback to peers through design critique.
- Participate in all necessary internal and external meetings:?briefings, status, brainstorms, and presentations.
Who you are:
- A creative visionary with an eye towards the future, that can apply creative and strategic insights to difficult business problems and customer needs.
- A digital expert with excellent taste in what makes an experience great.
- A leader who can take the reins on any project and make an impact, guiding internal teams and stakeholders toward the execution of elevated digital deliverables.
- A creative with passion for the tone, look, feel and how to apply it to beautiful marketing assets.
- A confident salesperson, able to sell concepts and executions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Though experienced, you’re eager to learn and grow. If you aren’t working on a project, you’re likely reading about the latest trends or competitor innovations.
- You are a proactive problem-solver who requires minimal direction.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Ambiguity is not something that scares you.
- You can roll with the punches while carrying a positive, can-do attitude throughout the entirety of a project.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you bring:
- 7+ years of experience working in brand design and supporting Omni-channel marketing campaigns.
- 2+ years of project-based leadership on creative-lead marketing projects.
- A Deep understanding of how brands work, from a business perspective, with proven ability to elevate brands through marketing execution.
- Expertise in the fundamentals of the creative process.
- Expertise in the fundamentals of video art direction and production.
- Expertise in the fundamentals or print production.
- Expertise in UI and UX design and working with developers.
- Experience with Motion Design or animation is a bonus.
- Great presentations skills, with the ability to clearly express ideas, while exuding a strong presence in both in-person and remote presentations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadlines with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Figma, Sketch and PowerPoint.