Business Development Representative
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
This position supports above the funnel sales activity through prospective customer outreach, pre-sales operational support, and collaboration with marketing for applicable campaign execution support. This role requires an energetic, organized, and motivated individual to research and understand our addressable prospective customer market aligned to the Salesforce product offerings and to initiate conversations about how Horizontal Digital can help organizations improve their digital strategies and associated outcomes.
The BDR will coordinate messaging and tactics to interact with prospective clients of all levels across a variety of industry verticals and will work closely with our field sales team to identify and pursue new business opportunities. BDR’s make smart decisions about where and how to partner with internal and external resources – the new business team, subject matter experts (SMEs), marketing, executive leadership, and strategic partners – to deliver successful outcomes. BDR’s bring forward their own ideas for how to maximize our revenue potential through smart application of our tools and skills and may be asked to partner with field sellers throughout the opportunity lifecycle.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with sales team to build quality pipeline aligned to our Salesforce practice
- Effectively manage pre-sales campaigns
- Stay engaged with and nurture deals as directed
- Research prospective customers, their industries, and their competitive landscapes to inform approaches to new business pursuits
- Help create and provide sales content, documents, and support broader sales team in sales meetings, solution presentations, etc. throughout the pre-sales cycle
- Work with sales organization to help schedule meetings
- Partner with leadership to plan, implement and optimize business development strategy via a structured approach to pipeline design
- Maintain and advance knowledge and expertise in emerging technologies and strategies impacting our clients’ businesses and the solutions we design
- Support the coordination with marketing operations and sales teams for campaigns including tool configuration, internal coordination to meet deadlines, and sales enablement material creation
- Coordinate, manage and track ongoing training and growth opportunities for sales teams including partner webinars, certifications, internal team knowledge transfer, etc.
Who you are:
- Comfort in metrics-driven organization (including number of calls made per day)
- Ability to analyze industry trends and craft relevant messaging
- Comfort with CRM and related technologies used to track and manage activities
- Someone who enjoys connecting with potential clients
What you bring:
- Comfortable making cold calls
- 0-5 years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.