At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
Our digital product solutions are driven by our CX Strategy, Design and Engineering teams — and powered by technical platforms like Sitecore, Salesforce, Acquia and other enterprise technology solutions. Get a deeper look at our expertise today by visiting the Work section of our website.
Our Creative, UX, and Design (CXD) team is strategically growing to meet our company growth, industry expectations, and to fulfill our team’s vision as being a superior partner who provides our global clients with great design, storytelling, clear vision and flawless execution.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Sr Copywriter, you will play a critical role by leading the copy and storytelling approach to digital experience focused design work. You will establish and sell through creative and strategic visions that ladder up to our client’s business and brand goals, and ultimately provide their customers with purposeful and elevated digital experiences for their customers. You will apply your exceptional way with words and guide executions that are informative, intuitive, and engaging. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a high-caliber, growing design team as you keep our lens of expertise (across CX and technology) and needs of the customer/user at the heart of your work.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced environment at the forefront of digital transformation where you are encouraged to own your craft and make an impact on brands from around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Write material including website content, UX copy, brand copy, voice & tone guidelines, email campaigns, blogs, social media, and video scripts
- Take charge and own the vision for copy, inspiring internal partners and external clients to believe in your ideas and executions
- Lead the work with a strong creative viewpoint that supports our client’s business objectives while providing users with an exceptional digital experience
- Build collaborative relationships with internal partners and work cross-functionally with UX designers, visual designers, engagement leads, project managers, content strategists, SEO specialists, etc.
- Become an indispensable ingredient to the experience design process.
- Build trusted relationships with clients through your ability to understand their needs, collaborate effectively and provide thoughtful recommendations
- Strategically sell your ideas to clients, as well as internal stakeholders
- Pivot effortlessly, as needed, based on evolving requirements, timelines and feedback
- Write in such a way that takes complex information that a niche, specialized audience would grasp and make it easy to understand for a broader audience
- Take creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs, brainstorm discussions and research into copy/content that grows awareness, encourages engagement, educates, builds authority, and drives action
- From time-to-time help write internal facing Horizontal content for events, onboarding/training, social or video scripts
- Work collaboratively with our SEO team and incorporate best practices into your work where needed
- Invest time into continuing education/professional growth
- Manage multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously
Who you are:
- A creative and digital visionary with an eye towards the future, that can apply creative and strategic insights to difficult business problems and customer needs
- A digital expert with excellent taste in what makes an experience great
- A developing leader who can take the reins on any project and make an impact, locking arms with internal teams and clients and guiding them toward the execution of the vision
- A creative with passion for the tone, feel, story and interactivity of digital experiences
- A confident salesperson, able to sell concepts and executions to both internal and external stakeholders
- Though experienced, you’re eager to learn and grow. If you aren’t working on a project, you’re likely reading about the latest digital trends or competitor innovations
- You are a proactive problem-solver who requires minimal direction
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Ambiguity is not something that scares you
- You can roll with the punches and embrace change while carrying a positive, can-do attitude throughout the entirety of a project
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you bring:
- 5+ year of marketing/brand copywriting for multi-channel experiences
- Experience writing copy for websites, brand guidelines, video, etc.
- Bonus points for previous background and/or experience with digital experience/marketing brand strategy
- Bonus points for previous background and/or experience with content strategy