Digital Business Analyst
This is a full-time regular role. You will start working remotely but when it is appropriate, this role will be located in our St. Louis Park, MN or Addison, TX office.
- Lead in identifying solutions for business problems and document associated risks, assumptions, and constraints.
- Provide and author detailed documentation on project scope, business requirements, functional requirements, and test plans.
- Own the development of business requirements partnering with digital strategists, in addition to collaborating with cross-functional groups such as UX designers on functional requirements, development mangers on technical requirements, and the QA team on test plans and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with internal project team leaders to ensure successful project execution.
- Collaborate on the process, design and implementation of standards for requirements documentation and user stories via an agile (sprint-based) methodology process, while leveraging the Jira/Confluence toolset.
Key Experience Requirements
Who you are:
- Written and verbal communication skills are professional, concise and effective.
- Highly collaborative nature with the seamless ability to help drive requirements elicitation and prioritization workshops, produce client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives.
- Takes initiative, is proactive, anticipates and completes project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s business objectives, uncover issues and risks, and identify efficiencies.
- Prioritize workload, while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs.
- Adapt by quickly learning new business processes, tools, and terminology.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience working on enterprise digital initiatives, software development, or related IT projects as a Business Analyst, or in a similar role.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Good understanding of the digital ecosystem including knowledge of business process definition, and functional areas such as Commerce, Marketing Automation, Content Strategy, Personalization, Customer Service critical to the success of client initiatives.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and the digital design/development life cycle.
- Familiarity with digital platforms such as CMS, CRM, ERP, PIM (e.g., Sitecore, Salesforce preferred)
- UAT and testing experience (preferred).
- Experience with Jira/Confluence toolset (preferred).
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward digital consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. We offer unique opportunities as a boutique firm at a global scale, and we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients.
We solve challenging problems through strategy, creativity and execution. Our robust consulting work is built upon going deep to discover insights and breaking new ground, leading to long lasting impacts. The market landscape today demands digital expertise, and we leverage our thought leadership and proficiency in ever growing technologies such as Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. To see us in action, take a look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
We’re built on equal parts empathy and hustle. Savvy and scrappy are two words that describe the type of people we’re looking to hire. Our core values highlight what is important to us in every interaction: Be customer-first, Embrace change, Nurture collaboration, and Work courageously. We are constantly innovating to take revolutionary steps, and source insights from all levels to shape internal culture. While we push to “get things done”, our culture establishes strong leadership support, an emphasis on work/life harmony.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.