Remote - US
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX , Chicago, IL or anywhere in the US (remote).
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Digital Strategist, you will serve as a key strategic advisor to our client as they embark on their digital transformation journey. You are highly proficient in design thinking principles, providing the vision and basis to articulate a holistic customer experience strategy. Viewed as a trusted partner by the client, you have the innate ability to zoom-in/out across the business landscape, discerning and translating complex needs, developing foundational strategies, while collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive successful digital outcomes. You bring strong industry, and digital credentials, and can operate with ease at the intersection of data, technology, and the creative domains.
An indulgent problem-solver, an obsessive customer advocate, and a life learner, you are inspired by innovative and potentially disruptive digital possibilities, harnessing this thinking to craft bespoke strategies, driving to help clients deliver world-class product and service experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the cross-functional client engagement team as part of the initial Discovery phase, with a specific focus on eliciting and understanding incumbent business objectives and challenges, foundational gaps and pain-points, as well as pillars for the aspirational future state connected digital experience
- Assess qualitative and quantitative aspects of the client’s current state in conjunction with additional market/industry/competitive research to help articulate the guiding strategy and future vision
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to develop insight-oriented deliverables to not only guide the development of an achievable digital roadmap, but also provide the basis for successful mobilization of the implementation phase.
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and strategy leader in all things customer experience and digital, leading the way in defining the future vision, while exceeding brand and customer needs
- Manage day-to-day interactions with client stakeholders as it relates to data collection and validation, hypothesis development, analytical insights and out-of-box thinking required for the development of the overall digital strategy
Who you are:
- You have professional, concise, and effective written/verbal communication skills
- You are a collaborator and a critical thinker with the seamless ability to lead workshops, develop polished client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives
- You are a self-starter who anticipates and completes project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- You have strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s overall business objectives, translating them to foundational strategies and achievable roadmaps
- You are able to prioritize a dynamic workload, while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs
- You contribute effectively towards competency development efforts and business development activities
What you bring:
- 5+ years of progressive experience working on enterprise digital initiatives, focused on the strategy function at a reputed consultancy
- Strong understanding of the digital ecosystem including associated business processes (e.g., marketing, sales, service), and functional areas such as commerce, marketing automation, content strategy, personalization, customer care, critical to the success of client initiatives
- Strong experience in the development of strategy artifacts (e.g., capability assessment, digital brief, findings report, digital roadmap, business case development, service blueprint, operating and org
model design, other strategic PoV’s) foundational to delivering connected digital experiences
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and the digital design/development life cycle
- Strong familiarity with digital platforms such as CMS, CRM, ERP, PIM, DAM and how they interconnect to enable the end customer experience; knowledge and experience in the Sitecore and/or Salesforce ecosystem is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Keywords: Digital Strategy, Customer Experience Strategy, Experience Strategy, Customer Strategy, Digital Roadmap, Digital Transformation, Connected Experience, Connected Experiences, Digital Experience Platform, Customer Data Platform, CDP, Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Commerce, Marketing Automation, Marketing Technology, MarTech, Sitecore, Salesforce, Drupal, Adobe, Optimizely
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.