Director, Human Resources (India Region)
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As the Director of Human Resources, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing our HR strategies across two key regions- India and UAE, and emerging regions. You will work closely with the corporate HR team to drive HR initiatives that align with our business objectives and foster a high-performance culture. While focusing primarily on India, you will also provide HR coaching and guidance for UAE, ensuring HR practices are aligned with our company's global standards.
What you’ll do:
- HR Leadership:
- Develop and implement policies and programs that support the business.
- Provide daily leadership, coaching and guidance to assigned local HR team.
- Serve as a strategic partner and coach to the leadership team.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to drive employee engagement and talent development.
- Champion a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace.
- HR Operations:
- Oversee daily HR operations for Digital line of business in India including employee relations, performance management and compliance.
- Manage full employee lifecycle from preboarding to offboarding, including visas, immigration, and work permits.
- Provide strategic input and lead solutions in areas such as Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, Learning & Development, Succession Planning and Employee Relations among others.
- Be a visible advocate of our culture and help our people to understand and align with our Core Values.
- Effectively manage and resolve all employee issues and grievances.
- Drive DEIA efforts and progress.
- Develop and execute HR procedures, policies, and workflows for the India region.
- Ensure HR policies and practices are compliant with local labor laws and regulations.
- Effectively partner and collaborate with our Talent line of business on shared and overlapping HR activities and programs.
- Performance Management:
- Drive performance processes.
- Manage succession planning activities.
- Support leaders as they upskill and reskill their teams.
Who you are:
- Confident and articulate leader with an exceptional skillset in problem solving, strategic thinking, project management and program implementation.
- Expert in the HR field with knowledge of full scope HR best practices including compensation, benefits and talent/performance management, with a focus on providing an exceptional employee experience.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Graduate degree or HR certification is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of HR leadership experience, with a proven success in a multinational organization.
- 5+ years of progressive experience supporting a large, complex, multi-location organization, supporting leaders across various offices and regions.
- Demonstrated success fostering collaboration, coaching leaders, and resolving complex employee relations issues and organizational development issues.
- Experience and working knowledge of HRIS including GreytHR (expected) and Paylocity (preferred but not required).
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices in APAC region, specifically India and UAE.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills.
- Ability and flexibility to travel between India and UAE as needed.
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.