Remote - US
Drupal Tech Lead
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This manta is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Technology Lead at Horizontal Digital, you will manage, develop, and implement technology solutions for clients. The Technology Lead is a critical role for the team and will own the full technology stack that supports our digital solutions.
We’re looking for a digital technology expert who collaborates well and is comfortable taking the lead on getting a project done. You will work actively with project teams to define requirements and shape technical solutions. You will lead a team of front-end and back-end developers and take a hands-on approach to implementation and quality assurance. You will work across multiple projects with a diverse team of developers, digital strategists, project managers, and the UX/creative team. You will work actively with clients on training and knowledge transfer, learning about their needs as they learn about our tech. Your goal is to help everyone on the team produce great work, expand our technical capabilities, and help clients meet digital objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of digital technology solutions such as website builds, systems integration, or application development.
- Work closely with the Engagement, Strategy, Content, and Design/UX team to architect lasting technology solutions.
- Participate in client meetings to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Work closely with content entry specialists to ensure that the sites we build are easy to administer and manage.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks for a team of developers
- Collaborate with the technical team to learn and leverage best practices and continuously improve the development process
- Clear blockers, impediments, and act as an escalation point
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff including performance reviews, training, and providing career development opportunities
- Help win new business by actively participating in proposal development, estimating and client presentations
- Communicate status, progress and risks to project team.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, and hire as needed
- Participate and play a leadership role in sprint planning meetings to ensure that the team understands their objectives
What you bring:
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience with digital content management systems, specifically Drupal, and proficiency in site-building, and PHP/module development.
- 3+ years of experience leading design and implementation of digital technology solutions using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated management and communication skills.
- Business development experience specifically with scoping projects, estimating, and presenting technical solutions to prospective clients.
- Ability to gather and analyze business goals and translate them into technical strategy and roadmap.
You get bonus points for:
- Agency experience
- Experience with Acquia hosting and related products
- A history of active participation on drupal.org and local communities
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|Mobile App Developer||Web & Application Development||Vadodara, IN|
|Senior Drupal Developer||Web & Application Development||Remote - US|
|Sitecore Developer||Web & Application Development||Bengaluru, IN|