Front End Technology Lead
This is a full-time, internal corporate position working on the Horizontal Digital team, preferably, in our Vadodara office.
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
As a Technology Lead at Horizontal Digital, you will manage, develop, and implement technology solutions for clients. The Technology Lead is a critical role in the team and will own the full technology stack that supports our digital solutions.
We’re looking for a digital technology expert who is comfortable leading as a player/coach. In this role you will manage developer resources and work side-by-side with project teams as an active participant in defining requirements, shaping technical solutions, and taking a hands-on approach to implementation and quality assurance. You will work across multiple projects with a diverse team consisting of a mix of front and back-end developers, digital strategists, project managers, and the UX/creative team. Your goal is to manage a team to produce great work, expand our technical capabilities, and help clients meet digital objectives.
What you’ll do
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of a team of developers to produce intuitive, scalable, and effective experiences for our clients.
- Clear blockers, and impediments, and act as an escalation point.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff including performance reviews, training, and providing career development opportunities.
- Help win new business by actively participating in proposal development, estimating, and client presentations.
- Actively meet with clients to assess digital technology challenges and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of digital technology solutions such as website builds, systems integration, or application development.
- Continuously improve our approach to digital technology and ensure our development process complies with the highest quality, accessibility, and security standards.
- Communicate status, progress, and risks to the project team.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, and hire as needed.
- Participate and play a leadership role in sprint planning meetings to ensure that the team understands their objectives and has committed to completing their work on an agreed-upon timeline.
What you bring
- 8+ years of experience working in Front-End development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience leading the design and implementation of digital technology solutions using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated management and communication skills.
- Business development experience specifically with scoping projects, estimating, and presenting technical solutions to prospective clients.
- Ability to gather and analyze business goals and translate them into technical strategy and roadmap.
- Proficient at writing semantic HTML5 and modular CSS3
- Experience in developing responsive websites
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (e.g. Sass, Less)
- Experience building with a modern front-end framework such as Bootstrap, Zurb Foundations, etc
- Proficiency with pixel-perfect design production (as much as that can exist in RWD)
- Experience with jQuery or similar libraries
- Knowledge of accessibility and front-end performance best practices
- Experience with Gulp or Webpack scaffolding tools
- Working knowledge with Node.js and NPM module dependencies for local build environments
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. SVN, Git, TFS)
- Work collaboratively with team members, designers, project managers, and back-end developers to create engaging digital experiences
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|Mobile App Developer||Web & Application Development||Vadodara, India|
|Quality Analyst||Web & Application Development||Vadodara, India|
|Senior Drupal Developer||Web & Application Development||Vadodara, India|
|Senior Drupal Developer||Web & Application Development||Remote - US|
|Sitecore Developer||Web & Application Development||Vadodara, India|
|Sr. Reactjs Developer||Web & Application Development||Vadodara, India|