St. Louis Park / Dallas / Denver / Chicago
HR Manager of Benefits and Compliance
Founded in 2003, Horizontal is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that solves complex problems across two distinct businesses: Horizontal Digital and Horizontal Talent.
Horizontal Digital is focused on building friction-free digital experiences for our clients’ end customers – and we understand that connecting various technologies within our customer’s walls enables these experiences.
At Horizontal Talent, we are a group of dedicated individuals who work passionately to solve our client’s needs and fulfill the career goals of our talent. We solve problems and ultimately, we help change lives. We’re always looking to add innovative, ambitious and focused people to our growing workforce across the globe. We offer rewarding career trajectories for remote and local recruiters, account managers, talent acquisition managers, and other operational roles.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Human Resources and is responsible for employee benefits and administration and HR (Human Resources) compliance. The HR Manager of Benefits and Compliance will oversee the daily operation of the HR Shared Services function for Horizontal including daily administration of employee records, benefit plan design, benefit enrollment and administration, 401k plan administration, unemployment, worker’s compensation, payroll support, audit, regulatory reporting, and vendor management.
The HR Manager of Benefits and Compliance is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of a centralized HR compliance program designed to identify risk and ensure adherence to all applicable HR legal, regulatory and compliance requirements, policies, and practices.
What you’ll do:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the shared services team ensuring adherence to all processes and tasks (such as management of personnel files, unemployment claim administration, management of all required employee forms and records in accordance with company policy and guidelines, etc.). Establish standard operating procedures for all HR administrative transactions and audit to ensure data processed is up to date, accurate, and complies with all relevant policies and laws. Will also assist with the new hire onboarding process as needed.
- Benefit plan design and administration including open enrollment and annual compliance reporting. Vendor management and partnership including contract and invoice processing. Provide benefit and cost analysis with recommendations for improvement and cost containment. Ensure benefit programs are competitive regarding trends, practices, and costs.
- Support daily administration and management of benefit programs, including vendor management, data analysis, enrollment/termination activities, and data audits. Serve as main point of contact for employee questions, suggestions, concerns. Ensure compliance with all legal requirements at the state, federal and local levels.
- Responsible for all government reporting requirements (EEO1, Vets 4212, affirmative action plans, etc.) and compliance activities. Monitor HR regulatory changes from local, state and federal authorities and recommend action plans and process improvements as required. Conduct regular HR audits to ensure compliance with state and federal employment requirements.
- Develops positive and collaborative partnership with HR partners across the organization, business operations and senior leaders to recommend, develop, and implement process improvement strategies to maximize efficiencies, automate workflows, and meet all compliance standards.
- Ensures consistency in the application and enforcement of policies and procedures and the compliance with all government regulations (EEO, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, OSHA, etc.) and all Federal and State employment laws. Manages legal and regulatory filings (EEO1, ACA, OSHA, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
Who you are:
- Experience managing people and processes in a global shared services environment
- Strong knowledge of relevant State/Federal legislation regarding employment law
- Strong knowledge of health and welfare planning and administration
- Experience managing a team to deliver against requirements
- Experience working with Paylocity (or other HRIS) desirable
- Knowledge of HRIS and other applications that support a shared services environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills in collating and cross-referencing data
- Excellent computer skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in fast paced work environment
- Ability to Multi-Task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Open to remote, hybrid or full on-site candidates. Preference for Minneapolis, MN / Chicago, IL / Denver, CO / Dallas, TX candidates
What you bring:
- BA or BS in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience working within Human Resources in a geographically dispersed organization
Keywords: Benefits Manager, Benefits Director, Shared Services, Compliance Manager, Compliance Director, Administrative Manager, HR Manager
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|Senior Staff Accountant||Human Resources & Accounting||St. Louis Park, MN / Hybrid|