St. Louis Park, MN
Human Resources Director
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
The Human Resource function at Horizontal is growing and transforming how we deliver services to our teams and creating strategic business partnerships with our stakeholders. In this newly created role, we are looking for a Human Resources Director to join and help lead this transformation. This person will be responsible for the entire HR function within Horizontal's Digital Business. The ideal candidate will partner with executive leadership on the execution of business strategy, focusing on creating new organizational processes, programs that increase employee engagement, productivity, and organizational effectiveness. The ideal candidate will help champion our core values of locking arms, showing hustle, elevating empathy, embracing change and never settling.
What you’ll do:
- Provide direct comprehensive human resources leadership and support to the overall HR functional team
- Partner with the executive team to ensure operational support on all people related initiatives and identity opportunities that enhance the employee experience
- Manage the end-to-end employment cycle from onboarding to immigration if applicable, to performance improvement and growth to offboarding
- Review, refine, and iterate on our employment policies, systems, and philosophies, ensuring that they are people-centric, forward looking, and reflect company values
- Ensure our core HR processes (e.g., performance management, compensation planning, surveys, 360 reviews, workforce planning, employee handbook, policies, and compliance) and associated systems are a competitive differentiator and showcase our culture
- Oversee the design and administration of benefits programs, including wellness, leaves of absence, active, and health and welfare benefits for all employees
- Involvement in annual programs such as employee engagement surveys and benefits
- Help select and lead implementation of an HRIS system to meet the company’s requirements around applicant tracking, on boarding, learning management., compensation, and performance management
- Manage job leveling, salary surveys, and market analysis to make comprehensive recommendations. Understand current and emerging market trends to identify potential opportunities and gaps
- Scale our people manager and leadership training programs
- Own our performance management program and corporate approach to professional development and organizational learning
- Implementation of new initiatives, such as DE&I, wellness, L&D, & other HR Compliance
- Develop US based HR team as needed to support organizational growth
- Partner with global offices and provide global Human Resources support
Who you are:
- You will act as a strategic partner and coach to the Executive Team, providing innovative thinking and problem solving on critical people issues
- You are confident in your skills to counsel leaders to optimize their teams
- You champion a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace while designing and implementing practices to support this achievement
- You have experience building, leading, and managing teams which are people first, but highly effective and operational
- You partner with other Corporate level HR leadership individuals to build a collaborative working relationship
What you bring:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in people operations, human resources, and similar roles which required you to own programs end to end
- 3+ years of senior leadership HR experience supporting Executive level roles within the Organization
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written. You are a confident and experienced multi-level communicator and an engaging presenter
- Exceptional relationship and stakeholder management skills; proficient in partnering with diverse stakeholders to identify evolving requirements, and engage with both internal and external entities to create and deliver
- Ability to be both strategic and operational. This leadership role requires working at different altitudes – sometimes with big-picture, innovative approaches and at other times it requires hands-on execution
- A positive upbeat personality who focuses on opportunities rather than obstacles
- Experience and working knowledge of standard HRIS Systems
- Experience or knowledge of hiring practices in EMEA (India and the Middle East, specifically) a plus
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.