Manager - Digital Strategy
Horizontal Digital is an experience-forward digital consultancy. We help organizations meet ever-increasing customer expectations and set the bar higher. We offer unique opportunities as a boutique firm on a global scale, and we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build more robust possibilities with our clients.
We solve challenging problems through strategy, creativity, and execution. Our robust consulting work is built upon going deep to discover insights and breaking new ground, leading to long-lasting impacts. Today's market landscape demands digital expertise, and we leverage our thought leadership and proficiency in ever-growing technologies such as Sitecore, Salesforce, and other enterprise platforms. To see us in action, look at our expertise with some sample case studies. (Opens in a new tab)
We’re built on equal parts empathy and hustle. Savvy and scrappy are two words that describe the type of people we’re looking to hire. Our core values highlight what is important to us in every interaction: Be customer-first, Embrace change, Nurture collaboration, and Work courageously. We constantly innovate to take revolutionary steps and source insights from all levels to shape internal culture. While we push to “get things done,” our culture establishes strong leadership support, an emphasis on work/life harmony, and an appreciation for little to no travel.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Digital Strategist, you will serve as a key strategic advisor to our clients as they embark on their digital transformation journey. You are highly proficient in design thinking principles, providing the vision and basis to articulate a holistic customer experience strategy. Viewed as a trusted partner by the client, you have the innate ability to zoom- in/out across the business landscape, discerning and translating complex needs, and developing foundational strategies, while collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive successful digital outcomes. You bring strong industry and digital credentials and can efficiently operate at the intersection of data, technology, and creative domains.
An indulgent problem-solver, an obsessive customer advocate, and a life learner, you are inspired by innovative and potentially disruptive digital possibilities, harnessing this thinking to craft bespoke strategies, driving to help clients deliver a world-class product and service experiences.
- Lead the cross-functional client engagement team as part of the initial Discovery phase, with a specific focus on eliciting and understanding incumbent business challenges and opportunities, foundational gaps, and pain- points, as well as pillars for the aspirational future state-connected digital experience.
- Assess qualitative and quantitative aspects of the client’s current state in conjunction with additional market/industry/competitive research to help articulate a future vision and guiding strategy.
- Act as a visionary and client partner to develop ideas and thoughts into meaningful solutions Lead on client facing activities and not be afraid to challenge clients throughout best on best practice and experience.
- Create phased roadmaps aligned to customer needs, best practices, and a logical roll-out.
- Challenge clients and act as their sparring partner to drive outcomes.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to develop insight-oriented deliverables to guide the development of an achievable digital roadmap and provide the basis for successful mobilization of the implementation phase.
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and strategy leader in all thing's customer experience and digital, leading the way in defining the future vision while exceeding brand and customer needs
- Manage day-to-day interactions with client stakeholders associated with data collection and validation, hypothesis development, analytical insights, and out-of-box thinking as it relates to the development of the overall digital strategy.
- Mentor junior team members while contributing to and advancing the strategy competency.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Professional, concise, and practical written/verbal communication skills
- Collaborator and a critical thinker with the seamless ability to lead workshops, develop polished client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client, and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives
- Self-starter who anticipates and comprehensively completes project assignments while still remembering the details
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s overall business objectives, translating them to foundational strategies and achievable roadmaps
- Ability to prioritize a dynamic workload while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs
- Contributes effectively towards competency development efforts and business development activities
Key Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of progressive experience working on enterprise digital initiatives focused on the strategy function at a reputed consultancy
- Strong understanding of the digital ecosystem, including associated business processes, and functional areas such as commerce, marketing automation, content strategy, personalization, and customer care, critical to the success of client initiatives
- Strong experience in the development of strategy artifacts (e.g., capability assessment, digital brief, findings report, digital roadmap, business case development, service blueprint, operating and org model designed on strategic PoV’s) foundational to delivering the connected digital experience.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and the digital design/development life cycle
- Strong familiarity with digital platforms such as (CRM, marketing, experience) & Sitecore (CMS & DXP) experience and how they interconnect to enable the end customer experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required