Manager of CDP Strategy
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward digital consultancy. We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. We offer unique opportunities as a boutique firm at a global scale, and we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients.
We’re built on equal parts empathy and hustle. Savvy and scrappy are two words that describe the type of people we’re looking to hire. Our core values highlight what is important to us in every interaction: Be customer-first, Embrace change, Nurture collaboration, and Work courageously. We are constantly innovating to take revolutionary steps, and source insights from all levels to shape internal culture. While we push to “get things done”, our culture establishes strong leadership support, an emphasis on work/life harmony, and an appreciation for little to no travel.
We are open to candidates located anywhere in the US.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Manager of Customer Data Platform (CDP) Strategy, you will serve as a key strategic advisor helping our clients to enhance and enrich their omnichannel customer experience journey. With a keen eye for evolving customer expectations, this role will help bridge the dynamic requirements of the business to CDP platform capabilities, enabling and activating 360-degree customer views, advanced segmentation, and AI-informed real time decision management and personalization at scale. Specifically, this role will help drive the strategic vision to consolidate relevant customer data from across the enterprise, realizing a single source of truth to help craft individualized user journeys, leading to seamless connected experiences and more engaging conversion pathways.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and strategy leader in all things CDP, leading the way in defining the future vision, while exceeding brand and customer needs
- Partner with the cross-functional client engagement team, with a specific focus on eliciting and understanding incumbent MarTech challenges and opportunities, foundational gaps and pain-points, as well as articulating the principle customer data considerations for a personalized digital journey and experience
- Lead stakeholder interviews and client workshops to elicit high-level business requirements, as well as to illustrate and prioritize CDP powered use-cases across the omnichannel digital experience
- Develop the strategic CDP vision and approach backed by an achievable roadmap, data orchestration and technology enablement plan, providing the basis for successful mobilization and activation of prioritized use-cases
- Collaborate with technology stakeholders including Enterprise and Solution Architects to articulate and document a CDP solution architecture that is inclusive, scalable, and easily operationalized in line with the client’s organization and needs
- Manage day-to-day interactions with client stakeholders associated with data collection and validation, hypothesis development, analytical insights and out-of-box thinking as it relates to the development of the CDP strategy
- Mentor junior team members, while contributing to, and advancing the strategy competency as a whole
Who You Are:
- Professional, concise, and effective written/verbal communication skills
- Collaborator and a critical thinker with the seamless ability to lead workshops, develop polished client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives
- Self-starter who anticipates and completes project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s overall business objectives, translating them to foundational strategies and achievable roadmaps
- Ability to prioritize a dynamic workload, while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs
- Contributes effectively towards competency development efforts and business development activities
What You Bring:
- 7+ years of progressive experience working on enterprise digital initiatives, with a focus on MarTech at a reputed consultancy or agency
- 3+ years of experience working with multi-channel marketing hubs such as Sitecore, Adobe, Salesforce, or similar
- Strong understanding of customer data platforms (e.g., Boxever, Salesforce CDP, Acquia CDP) including hands-on implementation experience configuring such platforms, as well as a good understanding of associated constraints and limitations
- Strong understanding of the MarTech stack, enterprise and 3rd party data sources, as well as functional competencies such as analytics, commerce, SEO/SEM, content strategy, personalization, and campaign management
- Strong understanding of big data architecture and design, associated data governance and compliance mandates (e.g., PII, PHI, GDPR, CCPA)
- Experience with data visualization and A/B testing tools is a plus
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.