Manager, Platform Strategy
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work (Opens in a new tab) section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN / Dallas, TX / Denver, CO / Indianapolis, IN / Chicago, IL or anywhere in the US (remote).
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
In the Manager, Platform Strategy role, you will serve as a key subject matter specialist focused on the upfront strategy as well as platform enablement across the SaaS based Sitecore suite of composable platform offerings such as Content Hub, CDP, and OrderCloud. Viewed as a trusted partner, you will help clients onboard to the platform, translate complex business needs, develop foundational domain models and processes, while collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive delivery excellence. You bring strong industry and digital credentials and can operate with ease at the intersection of strategy, creative, technology and data domains.
An indulgent problem-solver, an obsessive customer advocate, and a life learner, you are inspired by innovative and potentially disruptive digital possibilities, harnessing this thinking to craft bespoke strategies, to help clients deliver world-class product and service experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and strategy leader in Sitecore’s suite of composable platform offerings both for clients and internal teams
- Lead the initial Discovery phase with a specific focus on eliciting and understanding incumbent business challenges and opportunities, foundational gaps and pain-points, as well as pillars for the aspirational future state for specific composable platforms within the client ecosystem
- Design, develop and socialize future state blueprint in the form of deliverables such as a domain/security model, workflow recommendations to gain consensus on platform configuration, followed by actual configuration, verification, and testing
- Collaborate with technology practitioners and stakeholders to ascertain configuration as well as integration with other platforms in alignment with future state blueprint and design recommendations
- Develop best practices and accelerators in relation to how to best utilize platform capabilities as well as in terms of delivery processes and ongoing maintenance
- Develop and deliver curated training programs to onboard and upskill clients and internal teams
- Assist internal teams in new business development, scoping, and estimation activities
- Mentor junior team members, while contributing to, and advancing the strategy competency as a whole
Who you are:
- Professional, concise and effective written/verbal communication skills
- Collaborator and a critical thinker with the seamless ability to lead workshops, develop polished client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives
- Fast learner that can learn new technology platforms both as an administrator and a power user
- Self-starter who anticipates and completes project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s overall business objectives, translating them to foundational strategies and achievable roadmaps
- Ability to prioritize a dynamic workload, while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs
What you bring:
- 7+ years of progressive experience working on enterprise platforms such as Sitecore or Salesforce
- 5+ years of experience working with a Digital Asset Management solution or similar
- Strong understanding of content lifecycle
- Strong understanding of the digital ecosystem including associated business processes and functional areas such as commerce, marketing automation, content strategy, personalization, customer care
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and the digital design/development life cycle
- Strong familiarity with digital platforms such as CMS, CRM, CDP, ERP, PIM, DAM and how they interconnect to enable the end customer experience
- Coveo experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required