St. Louis Park, MN / Hybrid
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
The Resource Manager will support Horizontal Digital’s delivery teams by matching the right talent with the right project at the right time. This individual will use data as well as an understanding of the people and business to foster staffing solutions that maximize utilization. Partnering with business leaders, sales and project teams for planning, allocation and forecasting of resources across multiple delivery teams composed of internal employees and external contractors.
What you'll do:
Resource Allocation & Management:
- Provide resource solutions that meet the requirements of delivery teams and business leads and balance the needs of existing clients and new business opportunities.
- Manage resources across a broad set of disciplines including UX, creative design, front and back end development, QA, and project management.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to initiate subcontractor or external hiring solutions when internal staffing solutions do not exist.
- Manage assignments and extensions of resources based on capacity / demand.
- Review capacity across organization on an ongoing basis, proactively working to rebalance professionals who are above / below utilization targets.
- Lead regular reviews with global teams (project managers, team leads, sales team, and regional heads of services) to plan resource assignments, review bookings, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities for resources.
- Lead weekly Resource Management review meetings with department and consultancy leaders.
- Proactively identify and communicate staffing issues with client delivery impact and possible solutions.
- Works with Recruiting to regularly audit current and projected demand along with open requisitions to recommend adjustments as needed.
Process Development and Compliance:
- Establish purpose, cadence format and follow-up needed for effective meetings.
- Develop and roll out staffing rules of engagement.
- Determine reporting needs, format, frequency and recipients of useful reports to support business decisions.
- Create a playbook for a resource management process where expected and unexpected demands are met through careful planning, forecasting and through flexible and fungible capacity.
- Work with multiple business units (HR, Operations, Finance, Talent Acquisition, Service Lines and IT) to identify areas for improvement within resource management and develop action plans to implement positive process changes.
- Develop an ongoing resource strategy that balances current project timelines with our upcoming Sales pipeline to prevent last-minute resource gaps.
- Partner with account leads and Finance to make sure accounts are staffed to revenue, we have strategies for improving margins and we are investing in the right places for growth.
- Monitor and forecast billing performance and utilization rates at an individual, department, and organizational level. Recommend staffing adjustments to ensure targets are met.
- Have a strong understanding of how project financials, forecasting, staffing needs and start dates impact the business.
Who you are:
- You are a proactive problem-solver who’s passionate about doing what’s best for our business and for our people.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, always-on environment, able to juggle many competing needs and quickly switch from one pressing task to the next, while still keeping tabs on larger strategic initiatives and maintaining a calm and collected presence through it all.
- You work and proactively communicate well with people at all levels of the organization and with different skillsets and backgrounds by leading with empathy and being a keen listener.
- You have the utmost attention to detail and organization – in your communications, your notetaking and in all data tracking.
- You prioritize high quality, accurate data and will make it a priority to keep it updated.
- You have a passion for all things “operations” and get excited about thinking of ways we can make our company more seamless, efficient, profitable and a great place to work.
- You bring extreme rigor to everything you do – you value getting the job done right and completely and won’t accept less.
- You’re a team player who’s happy being behind-the-scenes rather than the star of the show.
- You can work independently but also thrive in group settings.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of technical and creative resource management experience in a consulting or professional services organization, managing 500+ resources.
- Strong project management experience required: planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution, change management, and risk management.
- Takes initiative and ownership, can exercise independent judgment, and collaborate across lines of business, regions and internal functions to meet or exceed expectations.
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Requires managing resources globally, so must be able to work outside normal local work hours.
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary, in order to drive business forward.
- Background in adoption of new systems and processes beneficial.
- Deep understanding of demand planning and financial modeling.
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills.
Job Keywords: Resourcing Manager, Analysis, Delivery, Collaboration, Forecasting, Technical
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.