Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
This is a full-time, regular role that will begin remotely but transition back into the St. Louis Park, MN office when appropriate.
The Resource Manager will support Horizontal Digital’s delivery teams by matching the right talent with the right project at the right time. This individual will use data as well as an understanding of the people and business to foster staffing solutions that maximize utilization. Partnering with business leaders, sales and project teams for planning, allocation and forecasting of resources across multiple delivery teams composed of internal employees and external contractors.
What you'll do:
Resource Allocation & Management:
- Provide resource solutions that meet the requirements of delivery teams and business leads and balance the needs of existing clients and new business opportunities.
- Manage resources across a broad set of disciplines including UX, creative design, front and back end development, QA, and project management.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to initiate subcontractor or external hiring solutions when internal staffing solutions do not exist.
- Manage assignments and extensions of resources based on capacity / demand.
- Review capacity across organization on an ongoing basis, proactively working to rebalance professionals who are above / below utilization targets.
- Conduct regular reviews with global teams (project managers, team leads, and regional heads of services) to plan consultant assignments, review bookings, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities for consultants.
- Proactively identify and communicate staffing issues with client delivery impact and possible solutions.
- Works with Recruiting to regularly audit current and projected demand along with open requisitions to recommend adjustments as needed.
Process Development and Compliance:
- Establish purpose, cadence format and follow-up needed for effective meetings.
- Develop and roll out staffing rules of engagement.
- Determine reporting needs, format, frequency and recipients of useful reports to support business decisions.
- Create a playbook for a resource management process where expected and unexpected demands are met through careful planning, forecasting and through flexible and fungible capacity.
- Work with multiple business units (HR, Operations, Finance, Talent Acquisition, Service Lines and IT) to identify areas for improvement within resource management and develop action plans to implement positive process changes.
- Develop an ongoing resource strategy that balances current project timelines with our upcoming Sales pipeline to prevent last-minute resource gaps.
- Help develop annual utilization targets.
- Partner with account leads and Finance to make sure accounts are staffed to revenue, we have strategies for improving margins and we are investing in the right places for growth.
- Monitor and forecast billing performance and utilization rates at an individual, department, and organizational level. Recommend staffing adjustments to ensure targets are met.
- Have a strong understanding of how project financials, forecasting, staffing needs and start dates impact the business.
Who you are:
- You are a proactive problem-solver who’s passionate about doing what’s best for our business and for our people.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, always-on environment, able to juggle many competing needs and quickly switch from one pressing task to the next, while still keeping tabs on larger strategic initiatives and maintaining a calm and collected presence through it all.
- You work and communicate well with people at all levels of the organization and with different skillsets and backgrounds by leading with empathy and being a keen listener.
- You have the utmost attention to detail and organization – in your communications, your notetaking and in all data tracking.
- You prioritize high quality, accurate data and will make it a priority to keep it updated.
- You have a passion for all things “operations” and get excited about thinking of ways we can make our company more seamless, efficient, profitable and a great place to work.
- You bring extreme rigor to everything you do – you value getting the job done right and completely and won’t accept less.
- You’re a team player who’s happy being behind-the-scenes rather than the star of the show.
- You can work independently but also thrive in group settings.?
What you bring:
- 5+ years of technical resource management experience in a consulting or professional services organization.
- Strong project management experience required: planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution, change management, and risk management.
- Takes initiative and ownership, can exercise independent judgment and collaborate across lines of business, regions and internal functions to meet or exceed expectations.
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Requires managing resources globally, so must be able to work outside normal local work hours.
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward.
- Background in adoption of new systems and processes beneficial.
- Deep understanding of demand planning and financial modeling.
- Excellent listening skills.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.