Senior Business Systems Analyst, Integration
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN / Dallas, TX / Denver, CO / Chicago, IL or anywhere in the US (remote).
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Senior Business Business Analyst, Integration, you will work closely with our technology developers, project managers, and quality analysts. In this role, you will help ensure efficient and successful digital experiences by connecting the dots from the ‘why’ (business requirements) to the ‘what’ (functional requirement) and the ‘how’ (technical requirements). Agnostic of technology platform or business function, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in discerning the goals of the business, translating them into distinct requirements, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Lead in identifying solutions for business problems and document associated risks, assumptions, and constraints.
- Provide and author detailed documentation on project scope, business requirements, functional requirements, and test plans.
- Own the development of business requirements partnering with cross-functional groups such as development mangers on technical requirements, and the QA team on test plans and acceptance criteria.
- Partner closely with technology leads to illustrate and document cross-platform data flows within the client’s digital ecosystem, defining data interchange specifications/contracts required to communicate via Application Programming Interface (API)/Service platforms.
- Collaborate with internal project team leaders to ensure successful project execution.
- Collaborate on the process, design and implementation of standards for requirements documentation and user stories via an agile (sprint-based) methodology process, while leveraging the Jira/Confluence toolset.
- Assess the current state of client business processes to document gaps and provide recommendations for the future state in line with proposed technology platform capabilities.
Who you are:
- Experience gathering requirements associated with MuleSoft projects or integrations, preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills are professional, concise, and effective.
- Highly collaborative nature with the seamless ability to help drive requirements elicitation and prioritization workshops, produce client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client, and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives.
- Takes initiative, is proactive, anticipates and completes project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s business objectives, uncover issues and risks, and identify efficiencies.
- Prioritize workload, while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs.
- Adapt by quickly learning new business processes, tools, and terminology.
What you bring:
- 7+ years of experience working on enterprise digital initiatives, software development, or related IT projects as a Business Systems Analyst, or in a similar role.
- Strong familiarity with digital platforms such as Integration platforms, CRM, ERP, PIM (e.g., MuleSoft, Boomi, AWS, Jitteribit, SAP, SnapLogic, Zapier, Postman, Celigo preferred).
- Strong understanding and familiarity with data interchange across the digital experience thru engagement customer journey, enabled by API Management platforms.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and digital design/development lifecycle; experience with Jira/Confluence toolset preferred.
- UAT and testing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.