Senior Content Strategist
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX, Indianapolis, IN or Chicago, IL.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Senior Content Strategist, you will work closely with our UX teams, designers, developers, strategists, and project managers, to ensure efficient and successful execution of digital experience programs. In this role, you will help manage ongoing retainer-based content strategy programs, as well as support net new consulting engagements. Agnostic of technology platform or business function, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in developing comprehensive content strategies supporting a variety of business objectives including brand awareness, lead generation, customer loyalty, engagement, retention, and advocacy.
What you’ll do:
- Define a strategic point-of-view as it relates to content strategy aligned to the client’s brand, business goals, and customer needs.
- Lead the development of project deliverables and measurement of outcomes, in line with the defined content strategy, starting with the Discovery phase through the managed services retainer model.
- Analyze content performance data, user engagement and other relevant analytics data, to identify trends and anticipate consumer needs.
- Perform category reviews to evaluate content needs at an industry, competitive peer-set level.
- Conduct content audits and gap analysis to assess and baseline how well existing content is performing in relation to originally defined goals.
- Perform content gap analysis to assess types of content that maybe missing and corresponding impact, to drive the development of future state recommendations.
- Develop a content inventory to inform activities such as content migration, future state site structure, and overall information architecture.
- Collaborate with the SEO function to ensure that the content strategy reflects best practices as it relates to an optimized search experience for the brand.
- Partner with the Practice Lead in the overall development of the content competency inclusive of practitioners, service offerings, and intellectual capital.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about content and are dedicated to meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- You are curious and eager to learn and grow. If you aren’t working on a project, you’re likely reading about the latest content trends, or attending an online training just for fun.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Ambiguity is not something that scares you.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication.
- You are organized with an attention to detail.
What you bring:
- 7-10 years of content strategy experience at a reputed agency or consulting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or relevant field.
- Familiarity with content management systems, keyword research tools and SEO.
- Strong content presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Docs.
- Experience with Agile methodology (preferred).
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.