Remote - US
Senior SEM Specialist
At Horizontal Digital, we hold ourselves to one key belief: You’re only as good as your worst customer experience. This mantra is what drives our digital consultancy to think beyond the easy answers and instead create websites, apps, portals and other experiences that solve customer needs for Fortune 500 companies in intuitive and empathetic ways. And we make this lofty standard a reality by fusing strategy, data, design and technology together to arrive at solutions that set the bar higher for everyone.
We use these values to fuel superior results:
We forge relationships that make our impact 1,000x stronger. This means working across departments and engaging both our clients and our communities to deliver the greatest good.
We’re not ones to sit on our hands and wait. Instead, we anticipate opportunities, collectively roll up our sleeves and find ways to execute the exceptional.
From new technologies to workplace philosophies, we welcome the unexpected and constantly anticipate what’s next.
We listen before we take action. This means understanding a variety of perspectives and holding ourselves to a higher standard of accountability.
We motivate each other to push past the easy answers and collectively arrive at bigger, more inspiring ideas.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a SEM Specialist, you will work closely with our UX teams, designers, developers, strategists, project managers, to ensure efficient and successful execution of digital experience programs. In the role, you will also help manage both ongoing retainer-based paid advertising programs, as well as support new consulting engagements. Agnostic of technology platform or business function, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in both advertising operations and client management. Our ideal candidate also has the ability to develop a strategy that helps clients meet the goals of the business, synthesize data and translate it into recommendations, and collaborate with technology teams to drive successful outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategic development for SEM campaigns, starting from new client kick-offs and extending thru post-launch and on-going support
- Perform advertising portfolio audits to identify areas of concern and opportunities for new clients.
- Prepare and execute SEM optimization strategies to improve campaign performance for our clients.
- Manage split tests in AdWords and report to clients on results.
- Analyze user engagement with different paid marketing-specific landing pages and develop recommendations based on your findings.
- Coordinate regularly with our website development, SEO, design, and business development teams to ensure that clients are attaining positive outcomes
- Collaborate with the content and outreach teams to help identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web content
What you bring:
- 7+ years of SEM experience.
- A passion for paid advertising
- Strong face-to-face, video conference and email communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Deep knowledge of factors that influence search engine marketing campaign performance
- Ability to develop creative and keyword recommendations based on different business goals.
- Experience delivering paid marketing performance audits.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Docs
- Experience with Facebook or Display advertising is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEMRush is a plus.
- Agency or consulting experience is a plus.