Senior UX Designer
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior UX Designer to support our growing client needs and demands by discovering, researching, designing, and defining UX solutions for our customers.
This is a full-time, regular role that will begin remotely but transition back into the Addison, TX office when appropriate.
What you’ll do:
- Build a deep level of trust with clients as the UX subject matter expert.
- Plan and facilitate research activities (both user and stakeholder) and UX design workshops with stakeholders, build design artifacts necessary to conduct concept testing/usability testing and produce reports.
- Define key user interface behaviors through the use of experience models, personas, user journeys, storyboards, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, simulations present to clients.
- Translate customer insights into tangible design deliverables within defined timelines. Think beyond boundaries to create design direction.
- Develop and maintain user interaction design guidelines as part of our clients’ larger UX design system initiatives.
- Develop and/or use appropriate UX design and evaluation processes and/or efficiency and cost measurements to ensure that any design solution meets or exceeds defined needs and strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other internal disciplines to deliver innovative and effective user experience solutions.
Who you are:
- Bold - you understand how to be bold and innovative to push the boundaries of digital.
- Passionate – You are passionate about understanding and improving the end-to-end digital experience. Your passion and positivity about the work makes everyone around you better.
- Courageous – You aren’t afraid to fail and are open to feedback.
- Curious – You have a desire to learn all the things you don’t know and enjoy the research.
- Collaborative – You seek out collaboration and want to grow by being pushed each day to stretch your capabilities.
- Proficient – You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your thoughtful approach to the entire UX process, as well as your capabilities.
- Connected – You’re plugged in to the local UX community and are an active seeker of inspiration.
What you bring:
- Great portfolio of customer experience examples and storytelling, featuring user research activities, audience definition and experience mapping, site/app-mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and functional spec writing.
- Experience with responsive design and a solid understanding of accessibility.
- 2-5+ years’ experience as a UX professional, skilled in human centered design; able to demonstrate expertise in both information architecture and digital interactive experience design for component driven, responsive web and mobile applications.
- Proven experience “owning” projects from start to finish.
- Ability to lead UX workshops with team members and clients.
- Experience with using research and data to guide your recommendations.
- Experience designing complex and/or task-based applications for content-heavy as well as transactional websites.
- Proficiency with Sketch. Adobe Creative Cloud experience is a plus.
- Experience with presentation/prototyping tools like InVision, Marvel, Axure, Adobe XD, HTML/JS/CSS, or other tools.
- Knowledge of the best practices for UX and interaction design for responsive experiences.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.