Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As an SEO Specialist, you will work closely with our UX teams, designers, developers, strategists, and project managers, to ensure efficient and successful execution of digital experience programs. In this role, you will also help manage both ongoing retainer-based SEO programs, as well as support new consulting engagements. Technology platform or business function agnostic, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in both technical and on-page SEO, have the ability to develop a plan that helps clients meet the goals of the business, synthesize data and translate it into recommendations, and collaborate with technology teams to drive successful outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategic development for SEO campaigns, starting from kick-off and extending thru post-launch and on-going support.
- Prepare and execute on-page optimization strategies to achieve organic visibility for our clients.
- Develop website technical audits to identify areas of concern from an SEO perspective.
- Review website server logs, crawl reports, and analytics reports to produce strategies to improve indexation.
- Review web analytics data to provide feedback to our internal team on performance, and to analyze visitor behavior and trends to develop next steps.
- Work with internal resources to prepare, plan, and execute link building and content marketing strategies.
- Coordinate regularly with our website development, SEM, design, and business development teams, as well as with senior management, to ensure that clients are attaining positive outcomes.
- Collaborate with the content and outreach teams to help identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web content.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about SEO and are dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations.
- You are curious and eager to learn and grow. If you aren’t working on a project, you’re likely reading about the latest SEO trends or attending an online training just for fun.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Ambiguity is not something that scares you.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects, teams, and clients.
- You are organized with special attention to details.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of SEO experience required.
- 2+ years of experience at an agency or consulting firm required.
- Familiarity with website analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends.
- Knowledge of factors that influence search engine rankings.
- Ability to think strategically to identify and define keyword opportunities for optimization.
- Well-rounded knowledge of SEO software such as SEMRush, BrightEdge, and ScreamingFrog.
- Experience with paid search (e.g., Google AdWords, Bing Ads) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Docs.
- Experience with Agile methodology (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.