Sitecore Solution Architect
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As the Solution Architect you will provide best-fit architectural solutions and be responsible for defining scope and sizing of work. You may provide solution architecture to solve for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, as well as design and develop complex features to fulfill the business needs of our clients.
You will get to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your consultative and business skills with leading-edge solutions through a diversity of work provided by multiple industry domains.
What you’ll do:
- The breakdown of work is approximately 50% development, 30% technical architecture, and 20% client management.
- Participate in design and development of websites within the Sitecore CMS using agile framework.
- Ensure all solutions are documented and meet design requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive innovative and effective user experiences through technology.
- Execute solutions on time and on budget using modern web development methods, techniques and tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Work closely with the Technology Leads and their assigned development team to develop technical design specifications to get the projects executed.
- Work closely with the Technology Leads to analyze/document current and future state technical architecture and design models, detail technical requirements and architectural roadmaps, conduct technical analysis of client current state technologies, conduct solution vendor evaluations, and develop solution proposals for Horizontal's clients.
- Collaborate cross functionally and/or client project management team, architects, developers and designers to scope solutions, constraints and risks and identify potential limitations to a successful implementation at assigned clients
- Assist with preparing white papers and other key marketing materials to help the sales and marketing team promote the organizations core competencies such as Sitecore CMS solutions
- Implement Application Security and Performance standards in assigned projects as well as development of reusable code and libraries in the areas of Application Security and Performance.
What you bring:
- 7+ years of progressive development experience required.
- Passionate coder with at least 4 years of development experience on the Microsoft ASP.NET stack, and at least 2 years of development experience on the Sitecore MVC platform with superior code quality
- Expert-level knowledge of modern technologies and software development practices and patterns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must be flexible to new situations and challenges
- Significant, demonstrated experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Sitecore Experience Platform
- ASP.NET MVC/Web API
- Object-oriented/architectural design patterns
- Infrastructure design and DevOps
- Modern front-end development
- Git and Gitflow
- Expertise in software architecture and design patterns including Helix
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.