Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior UX Designer to support our growing client needs and demands by discovering, researching, designing, and defining UX solutions for our customers.
This is a full-time, regular role that will begin remotely and transition back into the St. Louis Park, MN office when appropriate.
- Build a deep level of trust with clients as the UX subject matter expert.
- Plan and facilitate research activities (both user and stakeholder) and UX design workshops with stakeholders, build design artifacts necessary to conduct concept testing/usability testing and produce reports.
- Define key user interface behaviors through the use of experience models, personas, user journeys, storyboards, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, simulations present to clients.
- Translate customer insights into tangible design deliverables within defined timelines. Think beyond boundaries to create design direction.
- Develop and maintain user interaction design guidelines as part of our clients’ larger UX design system initiatives.
- Develop and/or use appropriate UX design and evaluation processes and/or efficiency and cost measurements to ensure that any design solution meets or exceeds defined needs and strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other internal disciplines to deliver innovative and effective user experience solutions.
Key Experience Requirements
Who you are:
- Bold - you understand how to be bold and innovative to push the boundaries of digital.
- Passionate – You are passionate about understanding and improving the end-to-end digital experience. Your passion and positivity about the work makes everyone around you better.
- Courageous – You aren’t afraid to fail and are open to feedback.
- Curious – You have a desire to learn all the things you don’t know and enjoy the research.
- Collaborative – You seek out collaboration and want to grow by being pushed each day to stretch your capabilities.
- Proficient – You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your thoughtful approach to the entire UX process, as well as your capabilities.
- Connected – You’re plugged in to the local UX community and are an active seeker of inspiration.
What you bring:
- Great portfolio of customer experience examples and storytelling, featuring user research activities, audience definition and experience mapping, site/app-mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and functional spec writing
- Experience with responsive design and a solid understanding of accessibility.
- 2-5+ years’ experience as a UX professional, skilled in human centered design; able to demonstrate expertise in both information architecture and digital interactive experience design for component driven, responsive web and mobile applications
- Proven experience “owning” projects from start to finish
- Ability to lead UX workshops with team members and clients
- Experience with using research and data to guide your recommendations
- Experience designing complex and/or task-based applications for content-heavy as well as transactional websites
- Proficiency with Sketch. Adobe Creative Cloud experience is a plus
- Experience with presentation/prototyping tools like InVision, Marvel, Axure, Adobe XD, HTML/JS/CSS, or other tools
- Knowledge of the best practices for UX and interaction design for responsive experiences
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward digital consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. We offer unique opportunities as a boutique firm at a global scale, and we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients.
We solve challenging problems through strategy, creativity and execution. Our robust consulting work is built upon going deep to discover insights and breaking new ground, leading to long lasting impacts. The market landscape today demands digital expertise, and we leverage our thought leadership and proficiency in ever growing technologies such as Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. To see us in action, take a look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
We’re built on equal parts empathy and hustle. Savvy and scrappy are two words that describe the type of people we’re looking to hire. Our core values highlight what is important to us in every interaction: Be customer-first, Embrace change, Nurture collaboration, and Work courageously. We are constantly innovating to take revolutionary steps, and source insights from all levels to shape internal culture. While we push to “get things done”, our culture establishes strong leadership support, an emphasis on work/life harmony.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.