Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Technology Lead at Horizontal Digital, you will manage, develop, and implement technology solutions for clients. The Technology Lead is a critical role for the team and will own the full technology stack that supports our digital solutions.
We’re looking for a digital technology expert who is comfortable leading as a player/coach. In this role you will manage developer resources and work side-by-side with project teams as an active participant defining requirements, shaping technical solutions, and taking a hands-on approach to implementation and quality assurance. You will work across multiple projects with a diverse team consisting of a mix of front and backend developers, digital strategists, project managers, and the UX/creative team. Your goal is to manage a team to produce great work, expand our technical capabilities, and help clients meet digital objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of a team of developers to produce intuitive, scalable and effective experiences for our clients.
- Clear blockers, impediments, and act as an escalation point.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff including performance reviews, training, and providing career development opportunities.
- Help win new business by actively participating in proposal development, estimating and client presentations.
- Actively meet with clients to assess digital technology challenges and translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of digital technology solutions such as website builds, systems integration, or application development.
- Continuously improve our approach to digital technology and ensure our development process complies with the highest quality, accessibility, and security standards.
- Communicate status, progress and risks to project team.
- Work with Talent Acquisition to recruit, interview, select, and hire as needed.
- Participate and play a leadership role in sprint planning meetings to ensure that the team understands their objectives and has committed to completing their work on an agreed-upon timeline
What you bring:
- 5-10 years of hands-on development experience with digital content management systems, specifically Sitecore, and proficiency in one or more web programming languages (.Net, C#).
- 3-5 years of experience leading design and implementation of digital technology solutions using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience integrating with search platforms and analytics technologies such as Google, Adobe or Coveo.
- Demonstrated management and communication skills.
- Business development experience specifically with scoping projects, estimating, and presenting technical solutions to prospective clients.
- Ability to gather and analyze business goals and translate them into technical strategy and roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
You get bonus points for:
- Agency experience.
- Recent Sitecore and/or Microsoft certifications.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.