Plan International Canada
- Sitecore XP
- Content Hub
Amplifying support for Plan International Canada to protect and empower girls around the world
A donor experience that didn’t represent the mission
- The capacity of the Digital Engagement Team was maxed out, creating a bottleneck of site enhancements and online marketing efforts
- The web development staff needed proper training to keep pace with the evolving digital landscape
- Lack of a holistic view of prospects and donors due to zero data consolidation, handcuffing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and funnel tracking
- Multiple systems — hosted on multiple servers — featured different skillset and technology stack requirements
- And more…
Creating a composable-ready foundation
We began this process by defining a technology blueprint and MVP, both of which came into sharp focus after a thorough Discovery Phase to review research and assess the scope of Plan’s needs.
From there, we started MVP design and implementation. Our foundation included the implementation of an experience platform and ecommerce engine powered by Sitecore. This holistic approach empowered Plan to track donors and categorize them based on donation amounts, fueling operational and marketing intelligence across the organization.
Sitecore Content Hub was leveraged for content storage and workflows to deliver the right message at the right time to donors throughout the donation funnel. In addition, UX improvements — including single sign-on — and enterprise integrations were made to help spark a more personalized, connected constituent experience over time.
Driving donor engagement with improved experiences
The new donor experience we launched now serves as the front door of all of Plan International Canada’s fundraising efforts. With the foundation set, now Plan International is poised to continue elevating the experience by creating connected constituent experiences across the digital ecosystem.
Significant outcomes were achieved by improving efficient processes through employing a headless architecture, centralized asset management, and content governance. Giving Plan Canada the power to make more data-driven decision-making intel in the future.
- Donation revenue increased 40% from 185k to 259k, with significant contribution from email traffic
- Mobile users’ average order value rose 45% from $94 to $136
- Pages loaded on average 2.5 seconds faster (vs. the previous digital donor experience)
Faster loading pages and design changes contributed to online sessions shortening 8.5% (average session duration declined from 7:22 min to 6:44 min, while donations increased)
Check out the new donor experience and contribute to this incredible organization.
Composable DXP Whitepaper
How does your Martech stack up?See MoreComposable DXP Whitepaper (Opens in a new tab)
Composable Sitecore DXP Q&A (On-Demand)
Find your path to composable Sitecore DXPSee MoreComposable Sitecore DXP Q&A (On-Demand) (Opens in a new tab)